It’s that time again! December has been delicious this year. It’s only been the last couple years that I’ve leaned into this darker time of the year and befriended it. Now I look forward to the seasons that invite is to go inward.
Each year I let my end of year rituals and processes unfold naturally. I let the answers come from asking the questions.
- How do I want to meet reflection and the possibilities of the new year?
- Will I pick a word?
- When does it want to happen?
- What will it look like?
Then I let the questions go and watch the process and rituals organically become. Whatever happens, it must align with my mantra… slow, simple, sacred. I never force the process.
What I always do… aka December ritual:
- I let my word reveal itself, this year it showed up the end of November.
- The first week of December I sign up for Amy Palko’s My Word Goddess Readings (available till Jan 31st! – I’ve been getting them since 2013).
- I sign up for Susannah Conway’s free Unravel Your Year, a meaty pdf to reflect, celebrate, and look ahead! DELICIOUS!Do a Medicine Wheel Reading for myself (my offer, runs November through mid-December, sold out). I actually considered not doing one for myself this year. In letting it go, space and time opened up and I felt inviting to do one. And it’s magic.
This year I thought, that’s it, those are my goodies for reflecting and being with the end of 2016! However, The Divine had other plans, as it often does, reminding me to be open to the mystery. Noted Divine, noted.
- A friend raved about her liminality session with MaryBeth Bonfiglio. She lives (kind of) in my area and we’ve been friends for years on social media. I thought, why not, I’ll treat myself and get to meet with her via video… and what a treat it was. Let me just say… life is going great. For the first time in the last two years I feel abundantly light, joyful, and reconnected to my eternal optimistic self. That being said, there are always areas we can shine the light on. So I chose one of those areas for my liminality session and a beautiful message revealed itself because we gave my area in question space. Our time together was a grounded in magic—an invitation from cobra came forward, compassionate guidance and reminders were offered, and allies came forward to offer their energy and assistance in 2017. Happy sigh.
- Then I received a note from my dear friend Nona Jordan announcing a birthday special for her 2017 Medicine Vision. I knew it would be part of my December ritual the minute I saw it. $46 for her 46th birthday. And I received it, and it made me swear, twice, because it is that good! And I swear, but not typically online. Holy shit, it’s fucking amazing. Full of magic and messages. And again, more allies to walk with me in 2017.
So, now what. I have my word, my goddess, my pdf to unravel my year, my medicine wheel reading, allies and inspiration from my liminality session, invitations to work with from my medicine vision. I let them settle and sink in—playing and journaling with the ones I feel drawn to, when I feel the pull, throughout December and into January.
Then I meet with two girlfriends from the east coast. They meet me on video and we share what we’ve reflected on, want to celebrate, and release for 2016 then pull cards and share our words and visions for 2017. It’s what brings it all together for me—giving voice to what I’ve lived, re-wrote, honored, grieved, and welcomed.