I’m excited to share my monthly and new year rituals. Isn’t the new year an exciting time? Possibilities linger and we are still in a bit of a dreamy state being in winter. I love taking it slow, keeping it simple and honoring the sacredness of a new year and fresh start. Here’s a peek into how my year begins and unfolds each month.
Take a look at my end of year post that refers to resources mentioned here.
My new year ritual is pretty simple… I gather with girlfriends to share our dreams, vision, and intentions. We pull cards for guidance, messages and allies as we enter the new year. I also choose a word as my guide—my family does the same. It gives us a focus as we step into the person we want to be in the world.
What then? Creative time! I have a three ring binder with..
- I choose an image or create a collage for the front.
- Tucked inside the binder cover is my Goddess (Lalitta, Goddess of Flirty Winks ;).
- The first few pages are pictures of my: Medicine Wheel Reading Spread, Liminality Tarot Spread, and the 2017 Forecast from Unravel Your Year.
- Next is my 2017 Moon Journal, I insert a tab for each month so it’s easy to flip from one month to another. (You can get the journal by joining my free 2017 New Moon Gatherings.)
- In the back of the binder will be my 2017 Medicine Wheel Reading, 2017 Medicine Vision, and Unravel Your Year 2017. (for links to all these, see this post)
I open the binder twice a month to write in the 2017 Moon Journal, each new moon and end of each month. Then once each season to write in my Medicine Wheel Reading.
- Each new moon I celebrate and release the past moon cycle, so I can welcome the new moon phase and cycle.
- At the end of each month I write on the two pages dedicated for the months memories and moments.
- At the end of the month I will also review the first few pages in my binder, with my oracle and tarot spreads, word for the year, and goddess Lalitta.
- At the end of each season I will review the guidance in my Medicine Wheel reading and journal with it’s messages, grace and wisdom.
I LOVE this process and ritual because I’m such a present person. I am an in-the-moment girl.
When I journal at the end of each month I have a full glass of water and my favorite beverage. I will say an invocation, calling in Spirit & Great Mother, sage to clear the energy and create space, and burn palo santo to open this time to blessings. I light a candle as well—to shed light on the process. During the new moon journaling and calls I also work with the elements, making this a special and ritual time each month. To close, I will give thanks by saying a blessing, blow out the candle and sit in a moment of silence, being with what was just remembered, uncovered, and revealed.
The actual process: at the end of the month I reflect, looking back at my ical and Get To Work Book (I get the classic chip board cover, my current favorite, and I use it more as a journal and meal planner than classic planner) and write down my top 10 memories and moments as well as people I connected with, travels, experiences, books read, music listened to, movies/tvs/videos I saw, etc.
Come the end of the year I’m wow’ed. Things I had forgotten are easily remembered with a simple review of my 2017 Moon Journal and Get To Work Book. More times than not I see how much I did, experienced, and who I connected with. I see the magic among the mundane and even messy. I see the mystery in all it’s glory. I realize just how much I did do when I typically think I didn’t do much at all.
In fact, I reflect on the day each evening and write in my gratitude journal or Get To Work Book. When I don’t, I miss the abundant magic that has happened each day. It’s one thing to say, today was great but to get specific and name the greatness… that’s where the magic is. Writing it down helps me integrate and absorb the days beauty so I’m open to receive more.
What are your daily, monthly, seasonal practices and rituals?