Happy 2010! Do you have a theme for the year? Yes, a theme. Can’t you hear the music that plays when you strut your stuff! I can – it’s determination, freedom, desire, action! Well, it’s ‘action’ for me, freedom and desire for my two buddies and determination for someone out there. What? How do you create a theme? Reflect on 2009. Ask yourself these questions…
- What worked, didn’t work?
- What did you want more of, less of?
- What felt good, what didn’t?
- What excited you most, excited you least?
- What did you enjoy doing a lot of, and not so much?
- Any other question YOU come up with that helps you reflect!
NOW, look at the year ahead (minus 10 days)… Close your eyes and see yourself – tap into all your senses, including your higher self that doesn’t hold you back and knows that anything is possible, it’s up to you! Think about all areas of your life – work, connections (family, friends, colleagues, neighbors), health, financial, spiritual, play/recreation. What do you…
- see? (where are you, who are you with, what are you doing)
- feel? (what does it feel like inside your body, what does it physically feel like – what are you touching, what’s touching you)
- taste? (describe)
- smell? (how does it smell, what smells surround you, where do you smell these aroma’s)
- hear? (who’s talking, what are you saying, what are others saying about you, what are the sounds around you)
I invite you to really sit in it. It’s amazing what you feel and what appears in your minds eye when you can sit with these questions in silence and walk through the upcoming year with your desires at heart and judgment left behind.
Wasn’t that wonderful? Maybe a little scary because you are thinking of changing course in some areas of your life? Possibly exhilarating because you’ve decided to go for it! Scary or not, you now have a vision. And if you don’t – hop on my free HAPPY HOUR call in February and we’ll talk about it, or sign up for some coaching, we’ll find out what’s holding you back!
What is a theme? It’s whatever you want it to be! A word, quote, picture, movie, song, catchphrase OR a combination of these. Click here to read my 2009 Intention. My 20-10 Theme is… ACTION! Move, Do, Be. Music motivates me so without judging or editing the song that immediately came to me was “Ain’t No Stopping (us) ME Now” I’m on the move! Hearing that song makes me sing out loud, move and take action?! You can actually hear me sing that line on my last HAPPY HOUR call. It applies to all areas of my life. Today I took action and created a Fan Page for Love Life * Be You on Facebook, joined a yoga center and took my daughter, did some cleaning… the musics getting louder, can you hear it? Ain’t no stopping me now, I’m on the move!
What’s your 20-10 theme?