I love gratitude, reflecting, moments. In reflecting and giving thanks I distill the precious moments that have made up my day, week, year(s). The precious moments that are my life.
Recently I revisited an old website where I spent the summer of 2016, savoring summer, you can see it here. I immediately wanted to transfer each post and picture to this site. Then I thought, why. Instead start from here, now.
While I recently started posted my Eight Appreciations, I am letting them naturally turn to 8 Moments. Eight has always been a sacred number for me. Moments are the sacred gifts in a day. They many not all be beautiful yet for whatever reason they are beautiful to me.
So welcome, to 8 moments. In my day. Not every day. Days I feel called.
- A text from my go-go girl as she was headed to camp with no reception. Enjoy my sweet girl. Let nature restore you.
- Making lunch and cooking with my son. The back and forth conversations in these moments. I enjoy them more than you know.
- Facetime from my angel baby who is spending the weekend with her Aunt. I can’t stop smiling.
- Saying yes to a Soul Yantra and feeling into the excitement in not knowing and trusting. THIS is a gift to myself.
- Being able to share my parental grief with those able to be with it.
- This big brown leather chair, the way it has held me today, as I move with ease.
- An hour long catch up call with my Aunt. Another Jennifer. Our connection. Beyond words.
- That morning cup of coffee. The painful headache. The hour that followed as it dissipated. Joyous. Grateful. Relieved. Two days was a bit much.
Collect moments, not things. ~unknown