Life is strange. I woke this morning, something off. I was finding it hard to be grateful which is way out of character for me. I gave myself permission to be with the unsettled feelings. All day I was up and down. There was something deeper I couldn’t pinpoint. This evening we learned that a local boy took his life, at the foot of our neighborhood, early this morning. My heart aches for his family, friends, our community.
- National Suicide Prevention Line 1-800-273-8255, these people, this support.
- I could care less about being tired tomorrow.
- The ache in my heart for the loss of a life.
- The Compassionate Friends – a support group for parents (grandparents, and siblings) who have lost a child.
- The way the kids are honoring this young man.
- Squeezing my loves. Reminding them they are not alone.
- Remembering that everyone is fighting a battle.
- Reminded… do unto others as I would have them do unto me.
I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it. ~unknown