2010 Reflections, 2011 Intentions and Right Now
Thanks to the posting of others I’ve decided to take time to reflect on 2010. I tell everyone how much of a free spirit and ‘make it up as I go’ kind of gal I am, which is great… as long as it’s not used as an excuse to not reflect, look ahead and create a life I love. I’ve learned over the past 3 years that creating a life you love isn’t just living in the moment. Living in the moment is definitely a piece of the wondrous adventure but only a piece.
I have this story I tell myself that it feels like work to look back and reflect, can’t I just say it’s been great and I’ve loved it – the ups,the downs – it’s all happened as it should and I’m grateful?! Sure, I can… but how deeply rewarding is it? Well, let me tell you first hand not as rewarding as taking the time to reflect. Reading Kate Moller’s post today (link below!) inspired me to spend the evening reflecting. She mentions in her post:
“If we don’t acknowledge all the good stuff that’s already happened there’s no room for more good.”
True!! Not that ‘good’ won’t happen but when you are intentional about acknowledging the good stuff it’s like everyday is a present, it’s a freakin’ adventure all the time — seriously! I know because I reflect daily on the good when I write in my gratitude journal. I just haven’t sat down and looked back at a whole year – giving it the time and space it deserves. Yes, my life, me, deserves time and space to notice and acknowledge the growth, moments and memories. Test it out for yourself!
So what did I come up with? Here are eight great things that happened in 2010:
(sticking with my grateful 8 theme!)
- Started two talk radio shows GIRLS Talk Radio and 2Moms Talk Radio with my amazing coaching friends.
- Travels to Spokane with girlfriends, Maui with family, Vegas with couple friends, Portland area for softball, Great Wolf Lodge and Ocean Shores (surprise trip) with family, Cave B Inn for weekend with my man, Lake Chelan with family then two weeks later with girlfriends.
- Quit my part-time job to seek the adventure of coaching full-time!
- Completed a 10 month Coach Mastery Group that catapulted my business.
- My oldest started high school, my son got his braces off, my youngest performed as a Who Girl in Seussical the Musical.
- Launched Expose Yourself teleclass and loved the group dynamic. These women were so authentic and open. I know ‘groups’ is where I’m heading with my practice.
- Spoke at IKEA for O Magazine – I LOVE SPEAKING – want to share with the masses. Yep, I’ll be doing more of that in 2011!!
- Spent a woo-woo weekend with people who may not realize it but changed my world. Thanking myself for being open and receiving.
BONUS: Applied and accepted for Master Coach Training through MBI. Can’t wait for February 2011!!!
So go ahead, reflect on the past year. Look at your calendar or journal and visit 2010. I love my iCal as it took me back through my year and helped me remember amazing things that happened in my personal and professional worlds. I came up with two pages of great reflections. I can’t wait to share them with my family and ask what 3 things they loved about 2010!
So you’ve reflected, now what? Oh the choices!! You can do… nothing, set goals, pick a word for the year, set intentions, the options go on and on. I’ve seen so many variations which are all terrific. I’ve given you a few links below to ideas I’ve enjoyed. Choose what works for you!! Better yet, look at the creative ideas out there and create your own!
Christine Kane’s Word of the Year
In years past I’ve done nothing, set goals and tried Christine Kane’s Word of the Year(2009 SOAR, 2010 ACTION). Christine’s word of the year truly helped me focus and brought clarity to times of indecision.
Right now… it’s 11:21 pm on 12/31/10. I’m going to wrap this newsletter up as I hear my two daughters clamoring… it’s getting close enough to midnight that they are setting up chairs on our deck so we can watch the fireworks in Seattle as we ring in the new year. This is your reminder that it greats to reflect and look ahead but don’t lose sight of this moment. Ahhh, I was just handed a handmade Happy New Years ticket to attend the deck party at midnight – since I look like a pumpkin right now do ya think I’ll turn into a beautiful princess when the fireworks go off?! A girl can dream! Happy New Year!!! Wishing you a year of loving life and being you, on purpose. BIG XO!!
Do you have a practice or ritual you do to align with the New Year?!