Monday. Memorial Day. Honoring and remembering those who died serving our country.
It was a quiet day. Focused on homework for the anamcara apprenticeship.
- Listening and reading Caroline Myss and Robert Johnson work. Really enjoying and taking it in.
- Emptying the dishwasher with my guy. The little things. A welcome break.
- An evening of playoffs… hockey and basketball.
- FaceTime with my angel baby in Asheville. She asked my opinion but she already knew. Proud of the work she is doing.
- FaceTime from my go-go girl, coming home from YoungLife camp. Malibu. She’s at the border.
- Face on fire. Noticing. Peppers on my lettuce wrap maybe. Appreciate my awareness and ouch.
- Bright morning sun on the front porch with my coffee, Poochers, and book, Defy Gravity.
- Coming here. Evening reflection time. Noticing. Seeing the gifts I may have otherwise missed. Pen and paper. Words and images.
A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. ~Joseph Campbell