Last Sunday with my girl before she heads to Colorado. Dave comes home from Suncadia Golf trip. Cooler temps and now, fireside.
- Feeling my anger this morning at 6am. In a way that it moved through me and I let it go. Like animals. I too am animal.
- Açaí bowls at WowWow. Enjoyed live music from Kirkland Summerfest while we ate outside WWL. And some avocado toast with sprouted greens and tomatoes. I’m enjoying her fitting in her favorite foods before she starts her next chapter, and I mine.
- Nana and Calvin showing up as we walked back to the car.
- Laughter in the car. She had me cracking up. Music and beanie babies.
- Unexpected pedicures with her. We both love days like this. I’ve missed them with her as she feels her way into leaving home and moving 4 states away, and I do the same. Reconnecting. And my toe polish was OPI on Collins Ave… she said I had to. Fort Collins bound. I couldn’t say no.
- Picked up my thyroid prescription. It’s different. Another call I will make. My lists of calls… the car that’s in the shop, the wrong prescription, dog grooming appointments, Pooch’s annual exam, lashes, oil change. And I leave in 2 days. Deep breath. It will all get done.
- The text. He’s on his way. I sure miss him when he’s gone. I love that.
- Calzones. She’s off seeing friends and family. He’s asleep. The younger he is playing vids. Me, feet by the fire. Citronella candle and incense. Enjoying nature and this cool summer evening, barefoot by the fire and backyard creek. My happy place. Outside. And while I’m loving it, I’m also looking forward to fall. The wheel has turned and we are moving towards it. Being. Being. Being.
Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do, but how much love we put in the action that we do. ~Saint Teresa Calcutta