This year is all about choose. I let life drag me around the past few years. It was as if everything I knew and taught vanished. I wish I could say I had amnesia, but I didn’t. I am simply human. Bits and pieces of what I believed so deeply would appear, I’d feel like “YAY, I’m back!!” only to be gone again, caught by the tail of circumstances and thrown into the mess of life.
Being in the trenches the last 3-4 years, not fully aware I was in the trenches, was hard. The struggle is real my friend. Life throws us challenges all the time. Change is the one thing we can count on. Change is also, often, out of our control. Many times change involves other people. Other people is something we have no control over, nor should we. And… choosing how we show up, perceive, and respond to change (life) IS in our control.
Our circumstances may be different, as are the tools that help. Below are some resources helping me right now. What resources have helped you? Share to help others. Together we are stronger.
- The Forgiving Flow, five episode series, by Rob Bell: Episode 38 through Episode 42
- The Circle on Insight Timer – talk and exercise
- Tara Brach talk on Insight Timer: the Hungry Ghost and Healing Addiction – to thoughts, substance, eating, pick your poison.
- Any of Sarah Blondin’s offerings on Insight Timer. Combination of talk and meditation.
- Intimacy Without Responsibility ecourse through DailyOm
- Boundaries & Protection book by Pixie Lighthorse
- Codependent No More by Melody Beattie. I read this 10 years ago and it changed my life.
- The Language of Letting Go – a daily devotional by Melody Beattie – Book | iTunes app | Google app
- And if you really need to dial it up, More Language of Letting Go by Melody. Book | iTunes app
- Richard Rohr’s Daily Meditation delivered to my inbox. First thing I read each morning.